Chicken Spaghetti Skillet
Here’s a skillet dinner recipe that combines spaghetti squash and marinara with tender chicken breast. It feels like you’re enjoying a traditional spaghetti dinner, but you’re really eating veggies and protein. It’s comforting and craveable without any guilt. Enjoy!
Courtesy of RealHealthyRecipes.com
What you need
1 spaghetti Squash
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 tablespoon garlic, minced
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 zucchini, chopped
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
1 (25 oz) jar marinara sauce
2 cups roasted, chopped chicken breast
¼ cup fresh basil, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil.
2. Cut the spaghetti squash in half, lengthwise, and scrape out and discard the seeds. Spray the cut side with olive oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place the cut side down on the foil lined baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until tender. Once cooled, scoop the tender noodles out of the skins and set aside in a bowl.
3. Meanwhile, place a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil, garlic and onion. Sauté for 5 minutes, until the onion is tender.
4. Add the chopped zucchini and Italian seasoning and continue to cook for another 3 minutes, until the zucchini is tender.
5. Add the marinara sauce, roasted chicken and tender spaghetti squash. Mix well and cook until for 4 minutes.
6. Remove from heat and garnish with basil. Serve and enjoy!
One serving equals 371 calories, 12g fat, 34g carbohydrate, 7g fiber, and 27g protein.